Thursday, August 16, 2007

on student exchanges

A good friend of mine here has just completed the final paper-work for asse Canada (International Student Exchange Programs), after agreeing to accept a high school student from Thailand for her school year. Having participated in a student exchange in the 1970's when we were host family to a student from Baden-Baden in Germany, I envy Bern. Our student, Barbel, was a delight and our lives were enriched by her year with us.There are still 2 Asian students waiting anxiously for host-homes to be found. Japanese, I believe. I have seen their applications, photos, scholastic records and profiles of their families and was totally captivated - their hobbies include calligraphy, tea ceremonies, music, skiing (her father is manager of a ski resort, the other one's father is a buddhist monk). What a learning experience it would be! I wish my situation was different, I would accept one myself. I have the Peterborough phone # of the asse Canada rep, if anyone is interested!! Hmmmmm?

2 Comments:

At August 16, 2007 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

Look! All fixed! :-)

 
At August 16, 2007 at 10:42 AM , Blogger she said...

You DID it! You DID it! Wonderful!! Thank you, honey, aren't you the clever one, solving all my problems by proxy! You make it all sound so easy.
love, mom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home